Friday, May 22, 2009

She says: Day 5 - Okinawa

Well, you'll probably notice that we didn't exactly post as promised. And I feel bad about it I really do. Except... well... see... we were too busy negotiating the travel itinerary to get us from Tokyo to Naha, Okinawa in a matter of 6 hours. No small feat I assure you. It took 3 train switches, an airport where nothing was in English, and a shady deal with a guy in a back alley I'd rather not discuss.
Also, after we did that we proceeded to have an utter freaking blast and really there was no time to sit down until now 11:30 in the evening. We're back on a plane for the mainland tomorrow, followed by another train trip and an afternoon arrival in Kyoto so we may not fully update everything until tomorrow evening. Fret not. We have so many photos of awesomeness and tales of daring-do your head will pop. If you're at all unsure let me tickle your imaginations and whet your appetites with the following info: In Okinawa the tombs get better real estate than the houses and dolphins wear folk-hats when performing.
Per usual -and really does it have to repeated at this point?- yes I'm serious.
Unfortunately every time I try to upload photos this evening our happy companion the netbook seizes like an epileptic at a rave so we're going to give it a go when we have a chance again tomorrow. You're gonna love the shots of mammals in water.
I have extensive sunburn. My cheeks are rosy, as are my legs, my arms, my nose, my knees and my forehead. I will sleep the sleep of the very super tired and burnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment