Monday, May 18, 2009

She Says: Day 1 - finale

I have partaken of sushi so tender and fresh it would make you folks back in the States weep. I had the perfect piece of uni sushi, and they did things with eel that I am fairly sure can't even be duplicated elsewhere in this city. It was ~phenomenal~, and I come away from it sated, pleased, with an eel bone in between two of my bicuspids and a weird reaction to something across the left side of my tongue.
Don't worry Mom, it isn't spreading and it's probably due to the grilled shrimp head we ate. This happened last time I had one, too.
That being said, my mind is blown and I'm calling it for today.
New word(s) learned: Itamidome. Meaning "painkiller". We had headaches in the AM and had to go find a shop with tylenol.
Also chizu, meaning "map". We had no idea where we were and the gentleman at the front desk didn't speak English too well.
The growing number of people in masks outside and news that 23 students came back from China infected with H1N1 and a school had to be closed down was top news. They take these things VERY seriously. The number of people in masks is growing.
WTF moment: Walking in to a pachinko parlor and being knocked senseless by the commotion. Between the reak of cigarette smoke, the deafening noise of the clanking pachinko balls, the machines themselves playing music and the roaring ventilation, and the harsh fluorescent lighting on white linoleum, we could only stay in one for a few brief moments. It seems to be the abode of older men who smoke a lot and teenage boys with lots of hair product.
I now present you with the images for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment