Monday, June 1, 2009

He Says - home at last

It feels really good to be home, even if that does mean going back to work. Slowly working my way through jet lag now.  Was up at 5:30am this morning and couldn't sleep, but at least I got into work early to catch up on my emails from 2 weeks.

The 12.5 hour flight from Tokyo to Washington went by like a breeze oddly enough.  I was prepared for it enough and distracted enough with things I brought not to notice too much.

The 1 hour flight from Washington to Philly was a hot, sticky, nausiating hell, however, but at least it was short.  Seated at the very back of what amounts to a pencil of an airplane is not fun.

I'd like to thank everyone who read the blog and offered their support.

I'd very much like to thank my parents for the ride to and from the airport, and the wonderful food they provided us on our return so we wouldn't have to go shopping the minute we got back.

Thanks to Deya and Chris for their wonderful hospitality.  Really one of the highlights of our trip.

And, of course, thanks to Helen for being a wonderful travel partner on this adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment